Tactical Edge modernizes enterprise systems by migrating legacy architecture and business logic to scalable, service-oriented and reliable architectures that improve user experience, reduce maintenance costs and extend system lifespans.
- Our Approach
- Customer Benefits
Evaluate and Determine Modernization Approach
In order to determine the optimal, cost-effective modernization approach, we begin by evaluating existing legacy systems’ capabilities, functionality, feature sets, architecture, technology stack and operational constraints.
Utilizing our agile software engineering process, we determine the appropriate migration process, placing specific focus on the following areas:
- Re-architecture of Information Data Model – Our modernization of each system’s information data model ensures optimal structure to support architecture changes and anticipated consumer demands.
- Service-Oriented Architecture and Middleware Employment – Our consolidation and migration of business logic –often dispersed throughout legacy architecture – improves information accuracy, eliminates redundancies and employs technologies that connect disparate transport and messaging layers.
- Data Dissemination – Our evaluation of operational requirements determines the appropriate data exchange mechanisms and frameworks to facilitate data access and retrieval. Complex architectures (i.e., mesh networks) may require a messaging framework, while less complex architecture (i.e., server-client) does not.
- Intuitive Multi-Platform Visualizations – Our holistic approach unifies and extends the application experience to any platform. From standard desktop applications to cross-platform mobile-aware solutions, we determine our customer’s needs for support and enhancement of existing capabilities and employ best practice, responsive UI design principles to create a seamless user experience across all platforms.
In order to validate our solutions, we obtain direct feedback from consumers (developers and end-users) through experiments and exercises.
We migrate legacy architecture and business logic to scalable, service-oriented and reliable architectures that improve user experience, reduce maintenance costs and extend system lifespans.
- Reduced costs of existing legacy platforms, resulting in substantial savings in IT budgets
- Enhanced flexibility through new architectural paradigms, such as SOA, that segregate presentation, business logic and data layers
- Extended solution lifecycle through the employment of technology that facilitates robust and adaptable software product lines to support current and future objectives
Tab Three Content
Tab Four Content